The patient is at the center of the Homestead care team, directing and controlling their choices with a customized plan of care created just for them. Homestead believes a complete care plan should encompasses the whole self, caring for the body, mind and spirit.
- The patient continues to maintain a relationship with their primary physician and specialist(s).
- The Medical Director directs the palliative team to provide symptom care management.
- The Nurse Practitioner does a complete symptom assessment and reports to the Medical Director.
- The Social Worker assists with emotional and psychosocial issues of the disease process to support the patient and caregiver.
- The Chaplin provides spiritual support for the patient and family.