top of page
IDT Meeting 343447514 RGB SM.jpg

Facility Collaboration

Partnering with Homestead Hospice and Palliative Care provides important benefits for the resident and facility. Early adoption of hospice makes all the difference for patients because it allows them to stay in the comfort of familiar surroundings.


Homestead prides itself on patient-centered care. We focus on the person, not the disease. Our team-oriented specialists work with your staff members to coordinate care in the best interest of your resident/patient.


Our Homestead Social Services team helps families clarify their loved one’s wishes, establish physician and patient relationships, and balance family dynamics during this stressful time. Social Services can assist residents/patients to prioritize wishes and goals which creates a sense of comfort. It’s about respecting patient wishes. Hospice care provides a way for the resident/patient to have a diverse group of committed professionals advocating for their needs.


Homestead services allows the families to focus on spending time with their loved one in a comforting environment.

The Homestead Difference

  • Response time within one hour of referral

  • Certified Nursing Assistant visits as often as needed

  • Complete Crisis Care program

  • Communication binder ensures proper communication between the facility and Homestead

  • Face-to-face reporting to staff regarding care plan

  • Passionate about taking care of the entire family’s spiritual and emotional needs

  • Focused on community education

  • Connections to community resources

  • Involvement in resident/patient activities in the facility

  • Holistic Therapy

  • Nurturing Arts

  • Volunteer outreach through the Homestead Hope Foundation

The Anticipatory Symptom Assessment Pathway

(Exclusive to Homestead)

  • The pathway helps prepare the caregiver by listing what possible crisis symptom(s) a patient may experience based on the diagnosis

  • The patient is assessed for possible crisis symptoms during the first week of admission

  • The assessment outcome will be discussed in an IDT meeting and with the facility team

  • The pathway will be kept at the patient’s bedside, or in their room, for easy reference


Transitional Care

  • Assists with a smooth transition into a facility from a hospital discharge

  • Homestead transitional care member will educate, guide and assist with caring for the patient

  • The length of a transitional period spent in the facility is determined by the RN who will assess the level of need for the patient


Watch List

  • Patients that are showing a decline in their status or have exacerbation of a symptom will be placed on the Homestead Hospice Watch List

  • The patient will be seen daily, as needed, by a Case Manager or designee

  • The facility and caregiver will receive a follow-up call from the RN or designee

  • The Homestead Watch List does not take the place of continuous or inpatient levels of care


Continuous Care

  • Provides short-term crisis management of pain or symptoms during the hospice stay or when the patient is actively dying

  • Patient is re-assessed every 24 hours or more often, as needed

  • The patient must have eight hours (may be in increments) of a 24-hour period in order to bill Medicare

  • Hospice must provide a licensed Nurse 51% of the time, the other 49% of time is by another core discipline

  • Daily RN evaluation and approval of plan of care with the Physician and core team

  • Includes medications, equipment and supplies, as related to terminal diagnosis

bottom of page